Search This Blog

Monday 10 February 2014

Candy Hearts- Valentine's Week Challenge

I'm participating in a week long challenge involving Valentine's nail art. This is the first ever challenge I've ever taken on and I'm excited! I've wanted to do one for awhile and the thirty day one seems a little daunting so I was super pumped to see Jessica over at Be Happy and Buy Polish start a challenge centered around love.

Day 1- Candy Heart Sayings

I must say that I struggled a bit with this one. I wasn't really sure how to interpret it and my mom started suggesting some different ideas and I went with the "Bee Mine" one she came up with.


I really like how this turned out. I think it looks very cute and feminine. I started with a base of Orly Cotton Candy and then did a gradient with that and Orly Pink Chocolate (don't you love that name!). The hearts, writing and bee were done with nail pens.

Orly Pink Chocolate


I thought we were being really original until I googled some images and realized that people had done things like this before. I'd already finished my design though and liked it so much that I didn't have the "heart" to take it off, lol.

I guess I'll just have to put my thinking cap on and try to "bee" more original next time. Ok, no more puns ;)

Happy painting friends!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those came out so well! Your freehand work is super awesome :) Can't wait to see what you share for the other challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much! I struggled with this one but was pleased with the result. I really like doing the challenge. Can't wait to see your look tomorrow!

      Delete