Search This Blog

Thursday 5 December 2013

These are a Few of My Favourite Things

I thought I would do a post focused on the things I'm really digging at the moment. I've been blogging for a little less than three months now and I feel like I've learned a ton about nail art and polish. Some of my friends were asking me about what polishes I like and wanted me to do a post on it. Ask and ye shall receive!

Here are my favourite nail polishes/brands:

1. Sally Hansen

I think that Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear is the best polish at a lower price point (you can get it for less than $2 a bottle at Target in Canada). It usually only takes 2 coats to get even coverage and comes in a variety of really beautiful shades. If you want to get some polish, but don't want to invest a lot of money, this is your best bet.



2. China Glaze

China Glaze is also a great polish for a reasonable price. I usually buy mine at Winners and you can get it for around $5-$6 a bottle. Again, they have great colours and I find the formula really great to work with.



3. Zoya

If you've been reading my blog for the last little bit, you know how absolutely over the moon I am about Zoya. Unfortunately at the time of writing this I only have six polishes! I can't wait to get more but the ones I have are absolutely wonderful. The colours are stunning and they all apply like an absolute dream.. I can't say enough about these polishes!
You can only buy these online or in select salons. I don't know of any salons in my local area so I have to get them online (Nail Polish Canada) but you can search for local distributors on zoya.com.



4. Orly

Orly is another polish that I seek out at Winners. I like to get the mini bottles and you can usually get 5 for $10 there. Most of the polishes I have from this are wonderful. Some of them can be a bit on the thinner side so you'd have to layer them a bit more (3-4 coats) but generally I find them great.


5. Essie

Essie is one of the first brands that I really got hooked on. I have quite a few of them and have bought the majority of them at Winners. They retail in regular drugstores (around my parts) for close to $10 but I have found them in the States in Walmart for $7. The colours are generally very pigmented and go on nicely.. I love working with these polishes!



So these are my favourites at the mo'. I have many different brands of polish but these are the ones I find myself reaching for again and again.

I hope this helped. If you ever have any questions about a polish or a brand I use, please feel free to drop me a line!

Happy painting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment