Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 December 2013

A Little Bit Holly

Being back at work has sure made me behind in blogging! I have definitely not been on top of it like I usually am but I still haven't missed a day! I wanted to do some nail art for my friend Holly and what better to do than some holly :)


I started with a base of Orly Moonlit Madness (red) and then did a diagonal stripe of Zoya Tomoko (gold). I then took the Orly and dotted on the berries followed by putting the leaves and gold accents on with nail pens.


I really like how these turned out but they weren't what I pictured in my mind lol. Isn't that always the way?


Apparently I applied the top coat (Seche Vite) rather poorly as I had uneven lines near the cuticle. Oh well, it's a learning process!

Happy painting friends!

3 comments:

  1. HI! I found you through the WPNFF link, so here are my suggestions.
    Your blog seems like it's still new, which is great - lots of time to work on things. I know it took me forever to get into a blogging groove, and honestly I'm still changing things around! I like how in your post you have the names of the polishes either bold or italic, that's great! It helps me, the reader, easily locate what polishes were used! I do that in my own posts. My improvement advice would be to make your blog more interactive for your followers. Maybe a little about me section, your polish collection etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting. I appreciate the feedback. I am definitely planning on adding more pages to the blog and I like the suggestion of info on my polish collection. It's in a bit of a disarray right now so that may be a project for after Christmas (especially since I expect to get many a polish for presents!)
      I'm off to check out your blog now!

      Delete
  2. These are spectacular! They might be your best yet!!

    ReplyDelete