Search This Blog

Friday 27 September 2013

The Leaves are Falling!

The weather has changed of late and it's time to bust out the autumn colours. My mom has been saying for a week now that I should start working with my fall colours and so we sorted through all my polishes (finally!), got them all organized and I felt like I could start on some seasonal nail art.

Here's what I came up with:


I started with 3 coats (I probably could have gotten away with 2) of Joe Fresh Bronze. Then I busted out my paintbrush and got to work on the leaves which I did in a mixture of OPI Magazine Cover Mouse (red), Salon Perfect Light My Fire (orange) and Salon Perfect Kiwi Kiss (green). No look is complete without using a nail pen so I grabbed a dark brown and outlined the leaves and added the veins.



I wish the colours on the leaves were a little more saturated but I like the effect they give. It makes me excited for this time of year! I can't wait for Thanksgiving and Halloween (and all the cool nail art I can do around those two themes).

Hope you enjoyed! I leaf you with one more picture (couldn't resist the pun! sorry Laura)


2 comments:

  1. These are sooo beautiful. I could rock these for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love you to rock these. The colours would be amazing on you!

      Delete