Search This Blog

Saturday 12 October 2013

Pastel Polka

I've been using a lot of dark colours lately (it being fall and all) and I decided to switch it up a bit and use some lighter shades. I went through my stash and picked out Color Club Endless (pink) and Rimmel Sage all the Rage.


This is a pretty easy design actually. I painted four of my fingers with a base of Endless and the accent finger with Sage all the Rage. I then went in with the back of one of my paintbrushes and dotted in the bigger dots with the opposite colour to what was the base.


I then took a tapered cotton swab and put in the smaller dots. I talk about using a tapered cotton swab quite a bit and this is what I mean by one:


They are great for both cleanup and doing certain painting and dotting designs.

I leave you with one more pic of the nail art.


My cleanup on this mani is not the best but I really like the design. You can do it with most any colour combo and it doesn't take any weird or special tools to do. Let me know if you try it out.

Happy painting friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment